Updated at: 2023/06/08
Below are some of the health services offered at Kaapoka Health Center (Main Hospital);
- Comprehensive primary health care (Maternal and child health care, including Immunizations, Pre-natal care, post-natal care, and Consultations for children)
- Consultations for adults: diagnosis and treatment of illnesses such as diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- Basic nursing services (Cleaning and dressing of wounds
- Basic laboratory services (Rapid tests for malaria, blood tests including for blood sugar levels, etc.)
- Pharmacy services (Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List)
- Psychiatric treatment for persons with mental illness
- Medical services for Sexual and Gender Based Violence survivors
- Comprehensive maternity services and maternity wards
- Immunizations for all the children below the age of 5 years
- Oral Polio Vaccine (Polio Vaccine)
- Pentavalent Vaccine – Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and Haemophilus Influenza Vaccine
- Rota Virus vaccine
- Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Measles Rubella Vaccine
- Vitamin A
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Covid –19 vaccinations
- Tetanus vaccination
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccinations
Reproductive Health services
- Maternal health care
- Pre-natal care
- Post-natal care
- Ante-natal Care
- Family Planning Services
- High-risk Clinic
- Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission Services
- Post-abortion care
- Cervical cancer Screening
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome - counselling and testing services
- Care and treatment services
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus /Sexually Transmitted Infections Prevention services
- Stigma reduction and advocacy
- Key population services
- Prevention of Tuberculosis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus patients
- TB Active Case Finding
Community Health Program
Community Health Promotion by Community health promoters who follow up clients at the community level e.g., pregnant mothers, Non-Communicable Disease clients, defaulter tracing
Eligibility Requirements for Health Care Services at Kaapoka Health Center (Main Hospital);
- EMR card is required.
- Cervical cancer screening, Antenatal Care/Postnatal Care, Post abortion care services are provided for women only.
- HPV vaccination services are provided for children.
- All services are provided for regardless of the gender or sexual orientation.
- Immunizations services for children: HPV (10 to 15 years girls), immunizable childhood infections (below the age of 5 years).
- Services are free.
- Services available to refugees, asylum seekers and members of the host community.
- Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List.
Focal Persons' Contact Information (Referrals)
Facility in Charge
Don Bosco Vocational Training Center, Kakuma 1, Kakuma, Kenya