Updated at: 2023/05/15
Below are some of the health services offered at Nationokor Dispensary (Clinic 6);
- Comprehensive primary health care (Maternal and child health care, including Immunizations, Pre-natal care, post-natal care, and Consultations for children)
- Consultations for adults: Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses such as diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria, Diabetes, hypertension etc.
- Basic nursing services (Cleaning and dressing of wounds)
- Basic laboratory services (Rapid tests for malaria, blood tests including for blood sugar levels, etc.)
- Pharmacy services (Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List)
- Psychiatric treatment for persons with mental illness
- Medical services for Sexual and Gender Based Violence survivors
- Emergency services – First Aid, trauma management etc.
- Maternal health care
- Pre-natal care
- Post-natal care
- Ante-natal Care
- Family Planning Services
- High-risk Clinic
- Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission Services
- Post-abortion care
- Cervical cancer Screening
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome - counselling and testing services
- Care and treatment services
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus /Sexually Transmitted Infections Prevention services
- Stigma reduction and advocacy
- Key Population Services
- Prevention of Tuberculosis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus patients
- Tuberculosis Active Case Finding
- Community Health Promotion by Community health promoters who follow up clients at the community level e.g., pregnant mothers, Non-Communicable Diseases, defaulter tracing
- Vaccinations of Children below the age of 5 years
- Oral Polio Vaccine (Polio Vaccine)
- Pentavalent Vaccine – Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and Haemophilus Influenza Vaccine
- Rota Virus vaccine
- Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Measles Rubella Vaccine
- Vitamin A
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Covid-19 vaccinations
- HPV vaccination to girls between 10 to 15 years
- No appointment required
- Patients to present Cards registered on the Electronic Medical Records.
- Cervical cancer screening, post abortion care, Antenatal Care/Postnatal Care services are provided for women only.
- Services are provided for children and other age groups.
- All services are provided equally regardless of the gender or sexual orientation.
- Vaccinations (Oral Polio Vaccine (Polio Vaccine), (Pentavalent Vaccine)-Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and Haemophilus Influenza Vaccine, Rota Virus vaccine, Pneumococcal Vaccine, measles Rubella Vaccine, Vitamin A, Yellow Fever Vaccine) are available for children below 5 years, and Human Papilloma Virus vaccination for children of 10 to 15 years of age.
- Services are free.
- Services available to refugees, asylum seekers and members of the host community.
- Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List.
- This location has female staff.
- All services listed are free of charge.
- Interpretation is consistently available at this premises for Somali, Burundi, Rwandese, Sudanese, Congolese, Arabic languages.
- Female interpreters are available for Somali, Burundi, Rwandese, Sudanese, Congolese, Arabic languages, except the Host community. No specific staff employed as interpreters but rather use the staff at the facility.
- Ambulances are available for live saving emergencies - Kakuma 1 – 0719105775, Kakuma 2, 3, 4 – 0719105549.
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, you may either:
- Call +254701629346
- Email at email@example.com
- Visit the physical help desk located at all health facilities/clinics
- Visit the IRC Offices located in LWF Compound 1
- Drop a suggestion at the suggestion boxes located at all IRC health facilities, the women’s centers 1 and 2, and the Compound 1 Main Gate.
IRC will respond to feedback received within an agreed time frame (0-3 days for critical cases, 0-7 days for cases with high priority, 0-14 days for cases with medium priority and 0-28 days for cases with low priority).
Kakuma 3, next to Kakuma 3 police station.
GPS Latitude: 3.757355
GPS Longitude: 34.81398
Monday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Tuesday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Wednesday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Thursday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Friday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Saturday open from -8:00 AM to -1:30 PM
Kakuma 3, next to Kakuma 3 police station