Updated at: 2023/01/05
Below are some of the health services offered at Lochangamor Dispensary (Clinic 4);
- Comprehensive primary health care (Maternal and child health care, including Immunizations, Pre-natal care, post-natal care, and consultations for children)
- Consultations for adults: diagnosis and treatment of illnesses such as diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria, diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- Basic nursing services (Cleaning and dressing of wounds)
- Basic laboratory services (Rapid tests for malaria, blood tests including for blood sugar levels, etc.)
- Pharmacy services (Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List)
- Psychiatric treatment for persons with mental illness
- Medical services for Sexual and Gender Based Violence survivors
- Emergency services – First Aid, trauma management etc.
- Immunizations of Children below the age of 5 years
- Oral Polio Vaccine (Polio Vaccine)
- (Pentavalent Vaccine)-Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Hepatitis B and Haemophilus Influenza Vaccine
- Rota Virus vaccine
- Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Measles Rubella Vaccine
- Vitamin A
- Yellow Fever Vaccine
- Immunization of pregnant and the injured with Tetanus
- Human Papillomavirus Vaccinations to girls between 10 to 15 years of age
Reproductive Health services
- Maternal health care
- Pre-natal care
- Post-natal care
- Ante-natal Care
- Family Planning Services
- High-risk Clinic
- Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission Services
- Post-abortion care
- Cervical cancer Screening
Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome - counselling and testing services
- Care and treatment services
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus /Sexually Transmitted Infections prevention services
- Stigma reduction and advocacy
- Key Population Services
- Prevention of Tuberculosis in Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Tuberculosis Active Case Finding
Community Health Program
Community Health Promotion by Community health promoters who follow up clients at the community level e.g., pregnant mothers, Non-Communicable Diseases clients, defaulter tracing.
Eligibility Requirements for Health Care Services at Lochangamor Dispensary (Clinic 4)
- No appointment requirements.
- Antenatal Care/Postnatal Care, cervical cancer screening, post abortion care services are provided for women only.
- Immunization available for children below 5 years of age, and between 10 to 15 years of age.
- Services are available to refugees, asylum seekers and members of the host community.
- Provision of medicine available to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees’ Essential Medicines and Medical Supplies List.
Accessibility of Lochangamor Dispensary (Clinic 4)
- This location has female staff.
- This location has separate bathrooms for men and women.
- All services listed are free of charge.
- Interpretation is consistently available at this premises for Nuer, Arabic, Turkana, French, Dinka, Didinka, Somali, Ethiopian, Burundi, Congolese, Rwandese languages.
- Sign language translator is available.
- Female interpreters are available for French, Arabic, Turkana, Nuer, Didinka.Burundi, Congolese, Rwandese languages.
- Ambulances are available for live saving emergencies - Kakuma 1 – 0719105775, Kakuma 2, 3, 4 – 0719105549.
IRC Kakuma Feedback Channels
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback, you may either:
- Call +254701629346
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the physical help desk located at all health facilities/clinics
- Visit the IRC Offices located in LWF Compound 1
- Drop a suggestion at the suggestion boxes located at all IRC health facilities, the women’s centers 1 and 2, and the Compound 1 Main Gate.
IRC will respond to feedback received within an agreed time frame (0-3 days for critical cases, 0-7 days for cases with high priority, 0-14 days for cases with medium priority and 0-28 days for cases with low priority)
Lochangamor Dispensary (Clinic 4) Focal Persons' Contact Information for Referrals
Facility In charge
Monday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Tuesday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Wednesday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Thursday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Friday open from -8:00 AM to -3:00 PM
Saturday open from -8:00 AM to -1:00 PM
Kakuma 1, Zone 1, Block 9, Opposite Kakuma 1 Basketball Court