Updated at: 2023/03/15
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health has incorporated COVID-19 testing and vaccination into the primary healthcare services available for refugees and the communities living in Hagadera Refugee Camp. The COVID-19 vaccines are FREE and available to all eligible persons willing to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccination for first-time doses
- Booster shots for persons already vaccinated.
- COVID-19 testing services
If already vaccinated in Kenya, you can follow the steps outlined here to download your COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
Eligibility Requirements for COVID-19 Vaccination Services in Hagadera
- Individuals above 18 years both nationals (Kenyans) and refugees.
- One should have either Alien/National ID, Phone number, Manifest/Ration Number/Token or any identification document recognized by UNHCR.
- Pregnant women above 6 months and lactating women above 6 weeks can get the vaccine.
- COVID testing and prevention services are also provided for children.
Accessibility of IRC COVID-19 Vaccination Centres
- This location has female staff.
- The COVID-19 vaccination location has separate bathrooms for men and women.
- All services listed are FREE of charge.
- Interpretation for Somali, Swahili, and English languages is consistently available at this premises.
- Services are available in Somali, Swahili, and English languages by appointment only.
- Services are available in Somali, Swahili, and English languages by phone interpretation.
- Female interpreters are available for Somali, Swahili, and English languages.
IRC Hagadera Feedback Channels
- Suggestion boxes
- Office walk-ins
- Email: Feedback.Hagadera@rescue.org
- SMS or Call 0701629401
The organization will respond to feedback received within 3 days.
Monday open from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Wednesday open from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Friday open from 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Hagadera Hospital, Hagadera Refugee camp, Kenya