The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), in collaboration with the Department of Refugee Services (DRS), wishes to inform all asylum seekers of the relocation procedures to Ifo 2 settlement, which are as follows:
Once registered, the following actions will be taken to support and facilitate your relocation to Ifo2 in safety and dignity.
UNHCR and DRS have planned for organized movements for all registered persons willing to relocate to Ifo2. Below are key things you should know:
- UNHCR/DRS will share a schedule with the community leaders, and you will be issued with a relocation token. Only those who are scheduled and issued relocation tokens will be relocated.
- Priority will be given to asylum seekers living in the camp outskirts since they are outside the official boundaries of the existing camps, with limited access to basic services.
- Please avail yourself, family members and your luggage on the date and time you are scheduled for relocation.
- You will be provided with transportation from your current location to Ifo2. Trucks will also be availed to carry your luggage.
- You are encouraged to relocate with all your family members and belongings as transport will be provided only once. You are also advised to consider relocating together with any of your other relatives and/or members of your own community with whom you may want to settle in the same location at Ifo2.
- Upon arrival in Ifo 2, you will identify your household members, confirm/retrieve your luggage, and be assisted with CRIs. Then you will be assigned a plot by DRS and provided with shelter construction materials by PWJ (plastic sheet, rope and site-clearing tools).
- Extremely vulnerable individuals identified by UNHCR, DRS and Partners will be provided with shelter materials and PWJ will support with the construction of their shelters. Besides, large families of 5 individuals or more that are found to be highly vulnerable will instead be assisted with tents for the pitching of which PWJ will provide the support needed.
- A Complaints/Feedback Desk will be set up to record concerns prior to departure and upon arrival in Ifo2. Please report any concerns at this desk.
You are reminded that the following services will be available within Ifo2:
- Humanity and Inclusion (HI)- (Specialized services for persons living with disability, Older Persons, Youth and Most At-Risk Populations)
- Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) - Shelter Construction, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Core Relief Items Distribution
- World Food Program (WFP) -Food Security (Food Distribution)
- World Vision (WV)- Food Distribution
- Refugee Consortium of Kenya (RCK)- Legal Assistance/Legal Aid Services
- Kenya Red Cross - Health and Nutrition Assistance
- Lutheran World Federation (LWF) - Primary Education
- Terre Des Hommes (Tdh)- Child Protection Services
- Save the Children International (SCI) - Accelerated Education
- NRC- Accelerated Education and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
- DRC- GBV Prevention and Response.
- UNHCR and PWJ- Transportation support for relocation to Ifo 2
- DRS and PWJ- Allocation of shelter plots