Do you know where to reach if you need health, legal, food, education, employment, social service support?
Julisha.Info put together all these and many more service providers in one place, which we call a Service Map. It includes all the details of services; from contact details to locations of major services that are focused on refugees and asylum seekers.
The information is available in English, Kiswahili, Somali and Arabic languages.
What is a Service Map?
A Service Map is a searchable directory with information about services available to refugees and asylum seekers in particular locations within Kenya. The service information is accessible through internet connected devices. The Service Map helps you to find services from government, private institutions, international or national non-governmental organizations, United Nations agencies, and community or faith-based organizations.
The service information focuses on locations that have considerable presence of refugees and asylum seekers, particularly the Nairobi Metropolitan Area, and the Counties of Turkana and Garissa.
Who can access the Service Maps?
The Service Map is accessible to all who have internet connection. Please click here to access the Service Map. Though anyone can access the Service Map, the service information is highly focused on services offered to refugees and asylum seekers in Kenya.
We put every effort to provide accurate service information. Before we publish information, the service providing institution check and agree with it. We also update the information regularly.
What does the Service Map offer?
The Service Map include all the details of the services, which helps to empower refugees and asylum seekers to meet their needs more effectively by connecting them to the services that they need. The details include the institutions’ contact information, working hours, addresses and coordinates of locations, accessibility of services by diverse persons and with different needs, and eligibility criteria required to access services.
The information also includes service providers’ active feedback mechanisms through which refugees and asylum seekers can raise issues and concerns to the institutions.
An example of a service listed on the Julisha.Info Service Map
A Step-by-step guide on how to use the Julisha.Info Service Map
There are two (2) options of accessing Julisha.Info Service Information
Option 1: Click on Service Map at the top right of Julisha.Info website.
A screenshot showing the location of the Service Map on the Julisha.Info website
The page below will appear offering you three (3) options from where to search for service information:
1. You can filter services from categories of services at the drop-down option.
2. Click on a spot in the region where you need services on the map, and you will be guided by service category icons to identify the services you need at mapped locations.
3. Click on a targeted region at the right side, and you will be guided to cities within the regions and the services therein.
A screenshot of the 3 ways you can filter out services once you access the Service Map
Option 2: You can also access the services by clicking on “Services” at the Julisha.Info website.
Below is an example of a page you will be led to if you need service information from the Nairobi Metropolitan region.
To get the needed service information, example from Nairobi Metropolitan region, follow either of the three options below:
1. Filter services from categories of services at the drop-down option, or
2. Click on the map, the spot indicating the number of services in the region, and you will be guided by service category icons to identify the services you need at mapped locations, or
3. Click on a targeted town at the right side, and you will be guided to a map and articles with service information.
Below is an example of where you will be led to if you clicked on Nairobi City.
To get the needed service information, example from Nairobi City, follow either of the three options below:
- Filter services from categories of services at the drop-down option, or
2. Click on the map, the spot indicating the number of services in the city, and
you will be guided by service category icons to identify the services you need at mapped locations, or
3. Click on a service at the right side, and you will be guided to articles with service information.
If you want to give feedback about a service, please write to us via the Julisha.Info Facebook page, Monday through Friday from 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.